My Space Tracker

Friday, January 12, 2007

Home Sweet Home !!!


This time I’ve decided to pick up from the previous post. Ya, I concluded in the previous post describing about the joy of being at home no matter on which part of earth it is situated. First of all, I’d like to specify that this is my first serious post after joining Satyam Computers Services Ltd and precisely this is the first time I’ve left home and started living without my parents in approximately 20 years. Many of you might be thinking that what kinda bullshit is this coz you have been living without your parents since you were born or you are a living example of Tom Hanks in Castaway or you have left your parents in the same age as Amitabh Bachchan when his parents left him in Deewar. Your’s could be any story but I’m here to tell you mine and it’s a heart rendering story. Heart rendering as such that all the weak hearted home sick guys living out of their homes will face the ultimate torture when they read this and some of them may need a bundle of tissue papers (if you don’t have ‘em right now then just run to the nearest washroom). This story will tell you about how I felt when I returned home, after living without my parents for the first time. So I’ll Start…


On my way back home my heart was singing Lynyrd Skynyrd’s Sweet Home Alabama out loud. As Dongargarh passed, the sweet chill in the air, the dusty winds and the naked kids running on the fields told me that the train has breached the border of my sweet homeland. My heart was beating so fast as if it was giving a direct competition to the home-bound Gondwana Express. When you are in your hometown even the creaky autorickshaws seem better than the Mercedes’ of Hyderabad. And the first view of Mom & Dad’s face after 3 months recharged my batteries enough to sustain all the difficulties for the next couple of months.


Now I’m sitting at my home sipping home made coffee and writing this post. Life @ home rocks when you come back home after a long time. Just imagine your mom is trying to wake you up at 10 AM but you still want to be in your blankets coz its cold outside. Then you wake up with a nice cardamom flavoured tea and bourbon biscuits and then switch on your PC to listen to the latest songs you’ve downloaded last night from the internet. Then you dial your favourite number to listen to the sweet voice of the special someone without worrying about bills coz it’s home yaar. Then you have Linkin Park doing the honours for you by singing ‘Numb’ while you take a hot shower and then slip into your favourite and warm sleeping suit. Now comes the craziest part!!! Imagine your mom bringing hot chapatis and mooli ke paranthes while you eat them with delicious home made bhindi masala, mutter paneer, chhole, achar and papad. Then you see your mom bringing some reddish stuff in the bowl. No it can’t be that…no never…ohh it’s the hot gajar ka halwa straightaway from the cooking pan. Then your mom taking out the Kesar Kulfi she brought for you yesterday…umm it’s melting in my mouth already. Just as the lunch is over you take out the latest DVD you brought to watch your fav movie with your 2600 W speakers blarin’ in glory. In the evening imagine hanging around with old pals, sipping tea and eating hot delicious samosas at your favorite Kaka’s joint and sharing old moments with your friends; about the fun you used to have in college, the girls you used to tease and the teachers you used to irritate…everything. Then going for a long drive to the dhaba around 10-15 kms away, having butter chicken and tandoori roti there and coming back home at 12.30 AM. Then, think about finding some friends in Orkut and chatting with them till 3 AM. Now it’s getting cold and again you can see your favorite bed in the whole world with warm blankets and soft pillows. You slip into your cozy bed thinking about her and without worrying about what you have to do tomorrow. Really life @ home rocks and right now I can feel it.


So I think, I’ve tortured you poor souls enough who are living out of your homes, eating cold and oily food from the third grade cafeteria of your offices, taking tension of the project report you have to submit to your project managers the next day, sleeping in the cold beds in which your mind becomes so numb that you even stop feeling your own legs and finally losing your mind, when you need coffee the most and you don’t get it coz there’s no coffee powder in your untidy and unorganised flat.


I think it’s time to leave before you fill my blog with abusive comments…Ciao…have fun and do miss home – the ultimate place to be in.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

As the north has gone to the negatives... the show of the aussies might be superlative !!! but still there is sth hot in this season of chills... As sharapova ~n~ federer pulls there socks for the australian open... i jst found a gr88 blogger... & read his reflection... :>

cheers....!!!!

2:36 AM  
Blogger Ankit said...

Good to see that you are back.
Ghar jane ke baad ka enthu kuch hi din ka rehta hai but those few days are awesome :)

10:49 AM  
Blogger Ankit Biswas said...

@ashish
thnx for the comment bhai...thts a real nice Siddhu way of posting comments...it made my blog hotter!!!

@dohare
man this time i'll try my level 2 cope up with my bz schedule n posting some nice things for you guys!! btw for me its the 1st time i've returned home n feels awesome...:))

11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home